The Poetry Society of New Hampshireis a non-profit membership organization that promotes poetry through the publication of books, a magazine, The Poets Touchstone, open mics, workshops, contests, a monthly calendar of events, collaborations with other artists, and assisting the Governor in selecting the State Poet Laureate. We have sponsored or supported events in libraries, art galleries, parks, theaters, and on the radio. We welcome all poets and lovers of poetry.
A Brief HistoryThe Poetry Society of New Hampshire was incorporated in the early 1960's and granted non-profit status soon after. Its primary locus of activity at that time was Manchester, NH, where many of the founding members lived. Members are the lifeblood of the organization allowing us to do the work we do.
We meet the last Saturday of the months of January, April, July and October, and all are welcome. The July meeting is our annual meeting where we conduct whatever business is necessary. At the other three we have featured readers or workshop leaders. All offer members a chance to read during an open mic. To encourage readers we offer small door prizes. The PSNH is a 501(c)3 Incorporated in the State of NH.
At the Poetry Society of New Hampshire, our mission is to celebrate and foster New Hampshire poets and poetry. We welcome you to join us in this mission. We appreciate your support.
PSNH is a 501(c)3 charity. All donations are 100% tax deductible
All or part of your donation may go to one of the following funds (specify at the checkout in PayPal in the "review your donation" section):
- Walter Butts NH Poet Laureate Fund (helps pay for travel and other expenses related to the work of NH Poets Laureate)
- Mary Gildea Memorial Scholarship Fund (provides scholarships for teachers who need financial support to attend poetry conferences such as at The Frost Place)
Like us on Facebook
Email us at email@example.com
or mail to P.O. Box 1118, Amherst, NH 03031-1118
The 2018 New Hampshire Poetry Festival
will be held on September 15, 2018,
at New England College in Henniker
Nominate a Poet for the NH Poet Laureate Position!
The term starts in March 2019.
Nomination deadline: July 20, 2018.
Learn more here.
Dues for one year are $25.Dues for three years are $60.
Junior (eighteen years of age or under) and Student (any person who is enrolled as a student in an accredited academic institution) Memberships for one year are $10.
Send in your information (Name, Address, Phone, E-Mail) with your check payable to "Poetry Society of NH" to:
Ala Khaki, PSNH Treasurer
P.O. Box 1118
Amherst, NH 03031-1118
Or pay dues online here:
Please include a short bio and a couple poems we might use to introduce you to other members in The Poets' Touchstone. We would love to learn your thoughts on poetry, who your favorite poets are, how you heard about us, and why you decided to join. You can either mail this information to Ala at the address above or if using the online payment option, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors
- Don Kimball - President
- Andrew Periale - VP
- Ala Khaki - Treasurer
- Liz Ahl - Secretary
- Barbara Bald - Board Member
- Maudelle Driskell - Board Member
- Rodger Martin - Board Member
- Mark Palos - Board Member
- Jimmy Pappas - Board Member
- Dudley Laufman - Honorary President
- Robert W. Crawford - National Contest Coordinator
- Melanie Chicoine - Member Contest Coordinator
- Stefanie King - High School Student Contest Coordinator
- Marti Noel - College Contest Coordinator
- Barb Bald - Elementary Student Contest Coodinator
- Yamilé Craven - Poetry Email Workshop
- Don Kimball - Monthly Open Mic Host